USA Powerlifting recognizes specific training facilities nationwide as official Regional Training Centers (RTC). RTCs function as a means of promoting the sport and providing a physical location for our athletes to train. They also serve as locations for Coaching Certification courses, training clinics and seminars; and powerlifting meets. In addition to upholding the standards of the organization, they must meet the following requirements:
- Willing to sign and display a document stating that they are upholding and promoting the core values of the USA Powerlifting.
- One certified USA Powerlifting Coach.
- One lever-adjustable squat/bench press rack or equivalent as featured in USA Powerlifting/IPF competition (Combo Rack, Eleiko, ER, Texas Strength Systems, WestCary Barbell, etc.).
- A modicum of equipment that a USA Powerlifting lifter would need to adequately train for a competition including but not limited to: 20kg barbell (Eleiko, Ivanko, Leoko, Rogue, Titex), kilo-calibrated discs (Eleiko, Ivanko, Leoko, Titex), power rack, and lifting platform.
- The facility must be willing to either host and/or sponsor at least one local USA Powerlifting meet annually with the ultimate goal of taking lifter(s) to both National, International and World level competitions.
- The facility must be able and willing to host training clinics and/or certification courses.
The USA Powerlifting currently offers three levels of recognition.
Platinum Level ($500 annual fee)
The facility meets all the requirements listed above including a senior national or international level coach. Benefits include premium advertisement on the USA Powerlifting main site as well as a listing on the Coaching Committee web page.
Silver Level ($200 annual fee)
The facility meets most the requirements listed above (except #3) and features a club level coach. Benefits include a listing on the Coaching Committee web page.
All participating platinum and silver level facilities receive an official certificate of participation and one USA Powerlifting banner for display. Additional advantages of becoming an RTC are increased visibility for the training facilities, USA Powerlifting, coaches, and lifters.
USA Powerlifting Friendly Gyms ($100 annual fee)
USA Powerlifting friendly gyms are facilities where powerlifters are welcome and may feature a USA Powerlifting presence. Benefits include a link to your facility in our database on the Coaching Committee web page and a USA Powerlifting banner.
If you’re interested in becoming an official RTC or for additional information, please contact Adriana DaCosta, at email@example.com.
All prospective facilities must first be approved by Adriana Da Costa.
Once approval is confirmed, make payments here.